Thursday, August 20, 2009

Geekdom: Avatar AND Wolf Man trailers!

Truly sorry for the amount of delay...I've been starting many posts and just haven't gotten around to finish any of them. I think it's the beach that's 20 feet away from the house I'm staying at. Or it could be my laziness. Probably both. Anyway, today, I have some heavy, heavy Geek/movie news.

James Cameron hasn't made a film in ten years (discounting various documentary projects). His last film being Titanic....*sigh*...I don't care what you say, Titanic is a very well made film, however also a very bad film.

For the past seven years, he has been working on, writing, and directing the new film entitled Avatar.

Starring Sam Worthington (a fellow that is sure to be a gigantic star soon), Avatar is based around a group of soldiers from earth journeying to a planet called Pandora. There they shoot, shoot, shoot, adapt, adapt adapt, shoot, shoot, cry, cry, shoot, adapt, and get eaten, among other things. This is one of the most anticipated films since...well...a while. And FINALLY we have a teaser trailer. Now, it is only a teaser but from the looks of it...well...it looks fantastic.

Check it:
http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/avatar/
Make sure to watch in HD.

ALSO, this morning we were treated to The Wolf Man remake. Now, generally I am against remakes as well as things directed by Joe Johnston. However, I have been excited for this film ever since I learned of the star studded cast. And now, we have a teaser trailer for it.
And it looks...okay...
Some of it looks amazing and some of it just looks really low budget. I am very disappointed that they chose to make the wolfman transformation scenes in CGI where as it would have been much more successful with practical effects. I kinda digg this trailer, but I guess we'll have to wait for it to come out to judge.

Recognize:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HteUYxycd5k

Hehe it's really stupid when he yells, "I WILL KILL ALL OF YOU." Stupid.

I shall try and have more posts soon in the future.

Martin.

PS: Titanic summary taken from http://www.rinkworks.com/movieaminute/
I did not wright this but boy is it funny:

Leonardo DiCaprio
Your social class is stuffy. Let's dance with the ship's rats and have fun.
Kate Winslet
You have captured my heart. Let's run around the ship and giggle.
(The ship SINKS.)

Leonardo DiCaprio
Never let go.
Kate Winslet
I promise. (lets go)



THE END

Titanic sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment