Sunday, August 30, 2009

Important Thing: What you should be listening to. PART DEUX.

Hello friends.
This is a follow up music post about various recommendations of music that I love and that I want YOU to love!

Now this list ranges from different genres of music, some of which some people may not enjoy. Read the blurb, and if it appeals to you give it a try.

-The Dreadful Yawns: I recently discovered this indie band and I have been listening to them frequently since then. Their album Take Shape has songs often covering upbeat rock and more somber punk. My favorites on Take Shape are: Expecting Rain, Kill Me Now, and Catskill.

-Grizzly Bear: Oh just listen to them.
Check out: Veckatimest

-Pixies: Often very moody, very loud, and very different, Pixies is a band that experiments in different genres and sounds.
Check out: Hey, Debaser, Where is My Mind, and Here Comes Your Man.

-Wolf Parade: With different, often haunting vocals, Wolf Parade, is a band to listen to when maybe you're dealing with a variety of emotions.
Check out: I'll Believe in Anything (one of my favorite songs), Shine a Light, This Heart's on Fire, and Modern World. As well as the album all these songs are on Apologies to Queen Mary.

-Clap Your Hands Say Yeah!: This band...is a very acquired taste. They take the strange vocals of Wolf Parade to a whole new level...I don't know many people who like them but hey, maybe you'll be one of them. Probably not.
Check Out: Satan Said Dance, Over and Over Again, Gimme Some Salt, and Home On Ice.

-Matisyahu: A Hasidic Jew who voices ideas of Judaism and peace through Reggae, Rock, and Hip Hop sounds. He is someone not to be missed or overlooked. He also grew up right across the Hudson in White Plains. So, we're all practically famous.

-Kings of Convenience: Taking things down a notch, KOC is a quiet, melancholic, and personal group focusing on more jammin slow tunes.
Check out their albums Riot on an Empty Street and Quiet is the New Loud.

-Frightened Rabbit: Having just heard about this group yesterday, I don't have much to say for I haven't listened to them at great lengths. But from what I have heard I've liked. Check them out.
I've been listening to their album The Midnight Organ Fight.

Okay, that's enough for this post, hope you found some new artists to check out.

Thanks for reading.

Martin.

No comments:

Post a Comment