Friday, September 11, 2009

Tits and Giggles: Geekdom: Geek stories.

This post is about the many situations I have been in, in high school, that contain Geeky subject matter. Usually, I'll say something Geeky, no one will get it, so I run home and cry.

The following are true events, names have been changed for confidentiality:

Ninth Grade, circa October-November:

In my bio class one day my teacher was arguing with Girl 1.
They were talking about something or other, I wasn't really paying attention to what they were arguing about.
Girl 1: (shouting at the teacher) What do you expect me to do?! Do you expect me to talk?!

Me: (loudly to the whole class) No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!!
*crickets*

Now, I didn't think this was particularly Geeky but APPARENTLY no one has seen Goldfinger in my high school...

Ninth Grade, circa April-May:

Girl in my class who often gets annoyed at my weird behavior but then when I explain, "No, I'm just like that in 4th period Art cause it's so early". I also had History with her. So, I lied:
Okay so the Confucius followers were peaceful, honest, brave and true.

Me: Oh okay, like the Hobbits.

Girl in my class who often gets annoyed at my weird behavior but then when I explain, "No, I'm just like that in 4th period Art cause it's so early". I also had History with her. So, I lied:
...what...?
Me: You know...the Hobbits...Shire...Baggins...?


First day of tenth grade:
In my Chemistry class, my teacher was practicing this fire-cotton-glycerin trick. When he put a ball of cotton on a hot plate it would burst into flame.

Teacher: Has anyone seen or read the Harry Potter series? I missed the last one but, what's the spell to start a fire?

I didn't know, neither did anyone else. I forgot that it was obviously Incendio.

Some ignorant kid: Lumos!

Me: NO! Lumos is to have a beam of light come from your wand! DUUUHHHH!!!

Now, obviously, this was a joke. And to my Geek redemption I got a big laugh from the class so, go me.


Martin.

1 comment: